The Tenth Pay Revisionn Commission, inter alia, recommended the following on House Rent Allowance:
- (i)The classification of cities and towns as also the ratesof allowance as indicated by the commission beretained for the purpose of admissibility of HRA.
- (ii)The existing ceiling of Rs.12,000/- be enhanced to Rs.20,000/- permonth for the areas covered by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
- (iii)For other places where ceiling is Rs.8,000/-, the same be enhanced to Rs.15,000/- per month.
- (iv)The existing rules with regard to the payment of HRA at the rates applicable to the places located within the periphery of 8 KMs for the towns / cities concerned be continued.
- (v)The census figures of 2011 have been takeninto consideration for classification under different categories for purpose of drawal of HRA.
CITIES AND TOWNS
House Rent Allowance
|Hyderabad and Secunderabad classified as A1 City
and areas falling within the jurisdiction of Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
|30% of Basic Pay (where the population is more than
|Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahaboob Nagar, Nizamabad, Ramagundam, Warangal.||20% of Basic Pay (where the population is more than
|1.Adilabad, 2.Kagaznagar, 3.Nirmal,
4.Bellampalle, 5.Mandamarri, 6.Mancherial, (AdilabadDistrict), 7.Bodhan, 8.Kamareddy,
9.Armur (Nizamabad District), 10.Sircilla,
11.Jagityal, 12.Koratla, 13.Metpalli(Karimnagar
18.Tandur(RR Dist.), 19.Wanaparthy,
20.Gadwal(Mahabubnagar Dist.), 21.Nalgonda,
22.Miryalaguda, 23.Suryapet, 24.Bhongir
(Nalgonda Dist.), 25.Jangaon(WarangalDist.),
|14.5% of basic pay (where the population is more than
50000 and less than 2
|All other places||12% of basic pay where the
population is less than
- (a) all employees of the State Government;
- (b) employees of the Local Bodies and Aided Institutions including Aided Polytechnics, in respect of those drawing pay in a regular pay scale in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015; and
- (c) the Work-charged establishment in respect of those drawing pay in regular pay scale in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015.
- (a)employees who opt to remain in the Revised PayScales, 2010;
- (b)Teachers working in the Universities and Affiliated Degree Colleges, both under Government and Aided managements who are drawing pay in the Revised UGC/ICAR/AICTE Pay Scales; and
- (c) Officers belonging to All India Services.
- 6.The existing rules with regard to the payment of House Rent Allowance at the rates applicable to the places located within the periphery of 8 KMs from the towns / cities concerned based on the Notification issued by the District Collector concerned shall continue.
- 7.Only decennial census figures shall be taken into consideration for classification under different categories for the purpose of drawal of House Rent Allowance.
- 8. Separate orders will be issued in respect of officers of the Higher Judicial Services and the State Judicial Services.
- 9.These orders shall come into force with effect from 2nd June, 2014.The revised rates of House Rent Allowance shall be paid in cash along with the salary in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 from the month of March, 2015 payable in the month of April, 2015.As regards the arrears from 02-06-2014 to 28-02-2015, orders will be issued separately.
- 10.Necessary amendments to the relevant rules [Public Employment (House Rent Allowance) Rules, 1988] shall be issued separately